The 2017 Annual Riverfest Photography Contest is presented by Wichita Festivals, Inc. (WFI) and Lawrence Photo Print & Frame (LPPF) for the purpose of partnering with the Wichita River Festival® (WRF) attendees to produce a collection of photographic images to help promote future festivals and activities. An Official Contest of Riverfest.
Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions, and Entry Form
- The 2018 Riverfest Photography Contest is open to United States residents who are 18 years of age or older. (Entries from photographers 14-17 years of age are accepted with authorization and signed consent from parent or guardian.) No purchase is necessary to enter. Winners may be required to provide proof of citizenship and age.
- Photographs must be taken at the 2018 Riverfest between June 1, 2018 and June 9, 2018.
- The contest will run between June 1, 2018, and June 30, 2018. All entries must be submitted to Lawrence Photo Print & Frame by July 02, 2018 (or on http://lawrencephoto.net). Late entries will not be accepted.
- A completed contest entry form1 must accompany each submission (a submission includes all photos from one photographer). Only entries with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered eligible. Entry forms must be completed and dated.
- Photographers may enter up to six (6) photographs per category #1 through #7 and in category #8 you may enter up to three (3). Each entry must be listed on the entry form if submitting manually (space provided below) and clearly identified by the digital file name. Digital file names MUST begin with the Category number followed by the entry number in that category (i.e. Category #1, Entry #1 should have a file name of 11.jpg). File names are limited to category number and entry number with no other characters, other than the file extension (i.e. jpg, tif). RAW file formats are not acceptable for entries (but if they exist, should be included on the disc submitted with your entries).
- Photographs may be submitted in digital format on CD or DVD or by visiting Riverfest Photo Contest 2018 (where you will find a link to the upload form). All photographs must be in sharp focus.
- Digital photographs must be submitted in jpg or tif format.
(If you do not have a digital camera, Lawrence Photo Print & Frame will scan your entry(ies) to contest-size for 50% of our normal fees. The scans will be submitted directly into the contest and will not include a CD.)
- No e-mail submissions will be accepted You must use the link for the Riverfest Photo Contest 2018 for digital submissions.
- Digital manipulations (see note below) will be disqualified. Do not add borders or text of any kind to images. NO copyright marks, logos or photographer names should appear on any image.
- All CD/DVD entries become the property of WFI and will not be returned to the entrant.
NOTE: Cropping for best composition, sharpening, dust-spotting, color corrections, dodging and burning are acceptable manipulations for digital images. NO artificial blurring or blending of images should be performed.
- Damaged photographs will not be accepted. This includes digital images that have been damaged by inappropriate manipulation, including the use of progressive compression on jpg files as well as other file handling errors that compromise image quality. All images should be saved at the highest possible quality with no compression. Digital images must not include any copyright text or digital watermarks. Camera-imprinted dates or other text may result in disqualification of the photograph.
- Wichita Festivals, Inc., Lawrence Photo Print & Frame or their agents or assigns are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected entries, or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Photographer grants unlimited, non-exclusive use license to Wichita Festivals, Inc. WFI reserves the right to use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means in the promotion of Riverfest and other event-related activities. LPPF may use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means for Riverfest promotional materials with WFI permission.
- Prizes will be awarded only for entries that are deemed worthy by the contest judges. If no acceptable entries are received in any category, the prize for that category may not be awarded. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Any and all taxes and other additional expenses associated with the awarded prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to submit applicable tax forms before prize money is paid.
- Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by state or local laws.
- Employees and family members of Wichita Festivals, Inc. and Lawrence Photo Print & Frame are prohibited from participation in this contest.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrant grants Wichita Festivals, Inc. the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print or any other media format, in connection with the photography contest.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless WFI and LPPF, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, WFI or LPPF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
- Entry into the photography contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the contest.
- A Final Friday reception and exhibition of the winning photographs will be held 5:30-7 p.m., June 27 by Lawrence Photo, Print & Frame, 6508 E. Central in Wichita. Contest prizes will be awarded at the event.
2018 Annual Riverfest Photography Contest